Victor’s Vectors: Georeferenced FliteCharts Now Available on 696 and G3X


GPSMAP696_OF_202_5T9_FliteCharts A few savvy Garmin customers might have noticed something different with yesterday’s update of the FliteCharts database for their GPSMAP 696 and G3X.  In July, Garmin announced the availability of geo-referenced Jeppesen charts for the 696 and announced the coming of geo-referenced Garmin FliteCharts.  The FliteCharts were scheduled to be released in fourth quarter 2010.  I’m proud to announce that Garmin has released a significant amount of the charts with geo-referencing a month early.  Approximately 80% of all available charts are geo-referenced in the 1010 cycle that was available for download on September 21st.  The other 20% of the charts should be added in the 1011 cycle for next month.  The majority of the RNAV and ILS approaches are currently geo-referenced and available for no additional charge outside of the normal FliteCharts database purchase.  To get this functionality the 696 and G3X will need to have the latest version of operating software (4.10 for the 696 and 4.00 for the G3X) which is free and available for download from Garmin’s website.  For the 4.10 software for the 696 use the Garmin WebUpdater available here and for the G3X’s 4.00 software you can download it here.

The post Victor’s Vectors: Georeferenced FliteCharts Now Available on 696 and G3X appeared first on Garmin Blog.

Leave a comment

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing
[time] minutes ago, from [location]
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.
You have successfully subscribed!
Recently Viewed