Tips for Purchasing a Garmin Device Online
Now more than ever, we should all take every step possible to protect ourselves from online scams and identity thieves. We here at Garmin want to help you feel confident and secure whether you’re shopping for great Garmin gear (or anything else under the sun).
When You Buy
No matter where you do your shopping, it’s important to follow these safety tips:
- Buy from trusted and respected sources
- If you’re not familiar with the website, do your research. Check reputable consumer review and advocacy sites (e.g., the Better Business Bureau) for help in identifying sources with the best customer satisfaction ratings
- Beware of phishing attempts. Always check your browser’s address bar to ensure you’re on a garmin.com page before entering any login credentials for your Garmin accounts
- Safe pages include: connect.garmin.com, buy.garmin.com, & support.garmin.com
- Learn more about phishing scams on the Federal Trade Commission’s website here: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing
After You Buy
If you need to update maps or software, or if you have general questions about your Garmin device, we are here to help. Unfortunately, imposter tech support scams are on the rise, so it’s vital that you exercise the same level of caution when you seek help with updates or product support.
You can learn more about tech support scams on the FTC’s website here: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams
Some important notes about Garmin product support:
- Garmin will never request payment in the form of third-party gift cards
- Garmin will never try to sell you anti-virus or anti-malware software
- Only download Garmin Express (or any other Garmin software or drivers) from garmin.com pages.
- com/express is the only official download of Garmin Express
- For official Garmin support, start at support.garmin.com
- If you believe you have been the victim of an imposter support site, we recommend filing a complaint with the FTC here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1
- If you live outside the United States, you can find a list of worldwide Consumer Protection Authorities on the FTC’s website here: https://www.ftc.gov/policy/international/competition-consumer-protection-authorities-worldwide
Following the tips outlined in this guide should get you well on the way to safer, more secure shopping and support experiences.
The post Tips for Purchasing a Garmin Device Online appeared first on Garmin Blog.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.