MIBS 2016 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico residents) or the District of Columbia or of Canada and are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families of Garmin International, Inc. (“Garmin”), and any of Garmin’s affiliated companies are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SPONSOR: Garmin, located at 1200 East 151st Street, Olathe, Kansas 66062 is the Sponsor of this promotion.
- SWEEPSTAKES TERM: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, February 11, 2016 and will continue until 6:00 p.m. on Monday, February 15, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Term”). Entries received prior to or after the Sweepstakes Term will be disqualified. The Sponsor is the official timekeepers for the Sweepstakes Term, and all timekeeping decisions of Sponsor shall be final.
- ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must submit your email address at the kiosk located at Garmin’s booth at the Miami Boat Show and select “yes” to entering the sweepstakes.
Entries will not be acknowledged. The Sponsor and their affiliates assume no responsibility for any lost entries or any computer or technical malfunctions that might occur during the entry process.
- ENTRY LIMITATIONS: One entry per person per drawing only is allowed. ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. Entries by any method other than set forth in Section 5 are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are received but are ineligible under these Official Rules, and will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible entry and all entries received from persons that exceed the entry limit described above.
- PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded during the Sweepstakes Term (limit 1 prize per entrant):
- Quatix 3. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $599.99.
- Quatix 3. ARV of $599.99.
- VIRB XE. ARV of $399.99.
- VIRB XE. ARV of $399.99.
The ARV of electronic Prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the Prize is awarded. Each Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of a Prize.
- DRAWING: Garmin will attempt to notify the potential winner by email message immediately after the drawing. If a winner of the Prize cannot be located or does not respond by 10:00am ET on February 29, 2016. The potential winner of the drawing will be chosen in a random drawing from the pool of valid entries for that drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by one or more employees of the Sponsor.
- NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Garmin will attempt to notify the potential winner by email immediately after the drawing. If a winner of the Prize cannot be located or does not respond by March 2, 2016, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be drawn from the pool of remaining valid entries. Neither the Sponsor nor their affiliates, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility (the “Affidavit”) after the drawing. If a potential winner fails to sign the Affidavit, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place from all of the remaining valid entries received. If the potential winner declines a Prize, does not respond to the Prize notification, fails to claim the Prize, is unavailable for Prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Official Rules, or is ineligible, the Sponsor will select an alternate winner from all remaining valid entries received.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, virus, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. In such event, the Sponsor reserve the right to award the Prizes at random from among the valid entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any false information provided by any entrant concerning his/her identify or mailing address or any non-compliance by an entrant with these Official Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant from this Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Sponsor failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- PUBLICITY: Notwithstanding any other term herein, except where prohibited by law, submission of any entry constitutes the entrant’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness, voice, state of residence, biographical and prize information, statements about the promotion and/or the entrant’s photo for advertising and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without review, notification, approval or compensation.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printer errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any website, network, hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries or winners; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property including, but not limited to, death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in party, from the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, everything in these Rules and in this promotion, including the prizes awarded, is provided “AS IS” without warranty (other than the limited product warranty accompanying a prize) of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to ALL ENTRANTS . EACH ENTRANT SHOULD Check HIS/HER local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas; and (b) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, including attorney’s fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas.
- WINNERS LIST: A copy of these Official Rules will be posted at http://bit.ly/1PbV1SR . Interested persons can obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners and a copy of these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Attn: Social Media Department, 1200 E. 151st, Olathe, KS, 66062.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.