Introducing ActiveCaptain – the Ultimate Connected Boating Experience
Introducing ActiveCaptain, a free all-in-one mobile app for mariners that delivers a seamless content management system with unlimited access to cartography, automatic delivery of the latest software available, off-vessel planning capabilities, connected services and so much more in one simple, yet powerful application.
ActiveCaptain blends features our customers know and love from our existing apps – Garmin Helm and BlueChart Mobile – and adds enhanced connectivity, community and planning functionality for the ultimate connected boat ecosystem. Staying connected on and off the water is important to our customers, so we’re excited to deliver a one-app approach that’ll keep them connected to their Garmin electronics, cartography and the marine community.
Whether out on the water or planning the next trip, mariners can utilize the ActiveCaptain app as a one-stop-shop to manage their experiences from nearly anywhere, including:
- OneChart – Access, update and purchase maps and charts from the OneChart storefront from a mobile device at any time.
- Smart Notifications – Stay connected to the world with calls, text messages and more shown on the chartplotter display while the phone is stowed away, safe and dry.
- ActiveCaptain Community – See what others are saying with access to up-to-date-feedback from the boating community feedback on marinas, reported hazards and other POIs in the area.
- Planning – Make, save and transfer routes and waypoints between the app and the chartplotter with zero button presses.
- Mobile Quickdraw Community – Easily upload and download of the latest community-made Quickdraw Contours chart and map content.
- Sync User Data – Automatically synchronize marked waypoints and routes between the app and chartplotter.
- Over-the-Air Software Updates – Once the app is paired with the chartplotter, notifications and update details combined with seamless delivery eliminate the need to transport updates from desktops via an SD card.
- View and Control – View and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere on the boat.
The ActiveCaptain app is available as a free download from either the App Store or on Google Play. It’s compatible with a range of Garmin chartplotters and MFDs, including the new ECHOMAP Plus 6cv, 7cv, 7sv and 9sv; the new STRIKER Plus 7cv, 7sv and 9sv; as well as the GPSMAP 7×2/9×2, 10×2/12×2, 7400/7600, 8000/8200 and the 8400/8600 series. To learn more, visit activecaptain.garmin.com.
Love inland fishing or hunting? Follow us on social media @GarminFishHunt.
If Saltwater fishing, coastal boating and sailing is more your style, check out @GarminMarine.
The post Introducing ActiveCaptain – the Ultimate Connected Boating Experience appeared first on Garmin Blog.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.